Sunday, August 26, 2007

Irony: I work in a dive shop but have no time to dive.

So it's been a long time since I've updated the blog and a lot has changed. I finished my Education program, bought a car, and moved to Ottawa. I've been looking for a teaching job but haven't had much luck. I've been working at Sharky's Scuba Supply since May and it's been a lot of fun. The people I work with are very knowledgeable divers and I've learned a huge amount about equipment, the industry, and about diving in general from these guys. I've become a certified VIP inspector but of course, I need more practice before the next logical step, where I get my certification number tattooed across my back. Things have been great. The pay however, has not been so good. I think I made more money when I graduated from my undergrad degree back in '99. Geez....Well, I'm hoping I'll at least be able to pick up a decent amount of supply teaching and then it's only a matter of time before the money starts to roll right in....*lie/sigh*.

So I get free gas at work but I work on weekends and Wednesday nights so I can never get out for charters. I have access to all kinds of great dive buddies and equipment and opportunity but I have no time to dive when other people are free. I have a few dive friends who have similar work days as me so that works out sometimes but when it doesn't, I'm stuck waiting for a holiday to get someone who has the day off. Bah! This is extremely frustrating.

I've taken precious few photos this summer so this entry won't have any visuals but I do have some videos from some past dives over the summer. I'll post those in the coming days when I get more time to do some writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home